Head of Accounting
Finance and Accounting · Stockholm Hybrid Remote
We believe in an economy without borders 🌍
A future in which all people have access to financial services even if they don’t have access to banks. An economy where payments are fast, secure and safe - regardless of where they are made. We strongly believe that blockchain technology and the crypto economy will play a vital role in creating that future.
That is why we strive to enable easy use of cryptocurrencies in people’s and companies’ everyday lives. We are a passionate and driven group of people with diverse backgrounds, who find meaning in coming together to build great products that are valuable to our users.
Head of Accounting
In the role of Head of Accounting you will be responsible for the Accounting function in the company, and be a crucial partner to the CFO, whom you will report to.
Quickbit is a company on a growth journey and your tasks will be very varied. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and develop a team of two people and local accounting firms
- Ensure timely and accurate month-end close, including consolidation of the Group
- Lead the annual audit process
- Ensure timely and accurate payroll, invoicing, AP, AR and maintenance of subsidiaries’ books
- Ensure functioning processes, routines and internal controls in the company's internal and external financial reporting
- Establish sound accounting practices and controls
- Specify accounting requirements to tech/product-teams when developing new products
- Ensure Quickbit adheres to its (i) tax and VAT environment, and (ii) transfer pricing model in its subsidiaries and intra-Group
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience preferably from a listed company
- Good knowledge and experience of consolidated accounts with foreign subsidiaries
- Good understanding of accounting and bookkeeping (IFRS)
- Experience in developing working methods, processes and routines
- You value meritocracy over hierarchy
- You form strong views on important matters, but willingly alter your views when faced with strong(er) arguments
- You are resourceful, i.e. you get stuff done - when you don’t know how to, you display the ability to find out how
- You display the ability to communicate complex matters in a concise fashion
To succeed in the role of Head of Accounting we believe that you are analytical, pragmatic, communicative and enjoy working in a fintech company. We also believe that you have a drive to change and improve processes and ways of working to improve quality and efficiency.
What we offer you
You will work from our headquarters in central Stockholm, of course with flexible working arrangements. We offer you 6 weeks of annual leave, a private top tier health insurance and a really good wellness allowance all together with a creative workplace where collaboration is at the very heart of everything we do. We promote you to continuously challenge yourself, creating an environment where contribution and growth is disciplined in everything we do. You will play an important part of the team and work closely with other experts in your surroundings.
Does the role of Head of Accounting sound interesting? The selection is ongoing so do not hesitate to apply today! In this recruitment process, great emphasis will be placed on personal characteristics. We look forward to hearing from you.