MLRO (Norwegian jurisdiction)
Risk and Compliance · Gibraltar, Stockholm Hybrid Remote
We believe in an economy without borders. A future in which all people have access to financial services even if they don’t have access to banks. An economy where payments are fast, secure and safe - regardless of where they are made. We strongly believe that blockchain technology and the crypto economy will play a vital role in creating that future. That is why we strive to enable easy use of cryptocurrencies in people’s and companies’ everyday lives. We are a passionate and driven group of people with diverse backgrounds, who find meaning in coming together to build great products that are valuable to our users.
In the role of MLRO you will be responsible for anti-money-laundering (“AML”), fraud issues and other compliance-related requirements in the Norwegian jurisdiction.
Further, you will observe and plan for new legislation in relation to development of AML policies, systems, practices and procedures and oversight to ensure effective implementations. Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Overall responsibility for the transaction monitoring
- Overall responsibility to monitor and control that the company complies with laws, regulations and internal routines and guidelines relating to AML and CTF
- Overall responsibility for creating and updating guidelines, policies, instructions, and routines within the AML/CTF field
- Provide day-to-day support to all internal and external stakeholders on any issues around fraud and AML
- Ability to interpreter Norwegian legislation (Fluent in Norwegian)
- Previous experience as an MLRO or a AML analyst (You may have worked with AML questions within the framework of compliance, internal audit or as a consultant)
- Knowledge of Anti Money Laundering Directive inside out, along with the Money Laundering Regulations and the Proceeds of Crime Act
- Comfortable working in a fast-changing Fintech startup world
- It’s a bonus if you have interest in blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies
To succeed in the role of MLRO we believe that you are pro-active, pragmatic and you have an analytical mind that allows you to identify signs of money laundering and the potential use of criminal proceeds. We also believe that you have a self-driven personality, you are curious and eager to make an impact by making things happen.
What we offer you
You will have the opportunity to work from Gibraltar or our headquarters in central Stockholm, of course with flexible working arrangements. We offer you 6 weeks of annual leave, a private top tier health insurance and a really good wellness allowance all together with a creative workplace where collaboration is at the very heart of everything we do. We promote you to continuously challenge yourself, creating an environment where contribution and growth is disciplined in everything we do. You will play an important part of the team and work closely with other experts in your surroundings.
Does the role of MLRO sound interesting? The selection is ongoing so do not hesitate to apply today! In this recruitment process, great emphasis will be placed on personal characteristics. We look forward to hearing from you.