We believe in an economy without borders. A future in which all people have access to financial services even if they don’t have access to banks. An economy where payments are fast, secure, and safe - regardless of where they are made. We strongly believe that blockchain technology and the crypto economy will play a vital role in creating that future. In this role, you will be a part of a team consisting of four people who have set the foundation and ways of working with automated processes. You will be a crucial part of our growth and take the MLRO department to the next step!
Part-time MLRO and Compliance Specialist
In the role of part-time MLRO and Compliance Specialist, you will have flexible working hours where we expect that you are able to work about 2-3 days per week on average (to be agreed with the candidate). You will be MLRO for our Norwegian operation besides that you will also handle other compliance-related requirements in the Norwegian jurisdiction.
In your role you will perform and manage the following tasks;
- Monitoring external developments within AML, CTF, and Sanctions regulations as well as other legal developments
- Responsibility for the transaction reporting to Okkrim (FIU)
- Assist in rule-setting to optimize the Companies monitoring of its Norwegian customers
- Overall responsibility to monitor and control that the company complies with laws, regulations, and internal routines and guidelines relating to AML and CTF
- Assist so that Balder has updated and adequate guidelines, policies, instructions, processes, and routines
- Provide day-to-day support to all internal and external stakeholders on any issues around AML, CTF, and sanctions.
- Good educational level – Ability to interpret Norwegian legislation
- Previous experience of working with AML questions within the framework of compliance, internal auditor as a consultant
- Comfortable working in a fast-changing Fintech startup world
- It’s a bonus if you have an interest in blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies
- To succeed in the role of part-time MLRO and Compliance Specialist we believe that you are proactive and pragmatic and you have an analytical mind that allows you to identify signs of money laundering and the potential use of criminal proceeds. We also believe that you have a self-driven personality, you are curious and eager to make an impact by making things happen.
What we offer you
You will have the opportunity to work from Oslo, remote from another location, from Gibraltar, or from our headquarters in central Stockholm. We offer you 6 weeks of annual leave, private top-tier health insurance, and a wellness allowance all together with a creative workplace where collaboration is at the very heart of everything we do. We promote you to continuously challenge yourself, creating an environment where contribution and growth are disciplined in everything we do. You will play an important part in the team and work closely with other experts in your surroundings.
Does the role of part-time MLRO and Compliance Specialist sound interesting? The selection is ongoing so do not hesitate to apply today! In this recruitment process, great emphasis will be placed on personal characteristics. We look forward to hearing from you.