Quickbit is a Swedish fintech company, which was founded in 2016 with the goal that more people and companies should use cryptocurrency on an everyday basis. Our history is in payments and we are driven by our vision that it should be easy and cheap to make quick and secure payments. A part of our business is to offer solutions for e-merchants to be paid in cryptocurrency. Another part of our business is to offer user-friendly and secure solutions for people to easily use cryptocurrency in their everyday lives. We are doing all of this because we are convinced that the financial services of the future will be based on blockchain technology and cryptocurrency.
Quickbit eu AB (publ) has been listed on NGM Nordic SME since July 2019.
In the role of MLRO you will have flexible working hours where we expect that you are able to work about 2-3 days per week on average (to be agreed with the candidate). You will be MLRO for our operations in Gibraltar, besides that you will also be responsible for our AML and CTF processes, fraud issues and other compliance-related matters. Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Monitoring external developments within AML, CTF and sanctions regulations as well as other legal developments
- Overall responsibility for reporting suspicious transactions to the authorities
- Overall responsibility to monitor and control that the company complies with laws, regulations and internal routines and guidelines relating to AML and CTF
- Provide day-to-day support to all internal and external stakeholders on any issues around fraud and AML, CTF and sanctions.
- Fluent in English
- Previous experience of working with AML matters within the framework of compliance, internal audit or as a consultant
- Knowledge in AML legislation such as the Proceeds of Crime Act, as well as the EU Anti Money Laundering Directives
- Comfortable working in a fast-changing Fintech startup world
- It’s a bonus if you have interest in blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies
To succeed in the role of MLRO we believe that you are proactive, pragmatic and you have an analytical mind that allows you to identify signs of money laundering and the potential use of criminal proceeds. We also believe that you have a self-driven personality, you are curious and eager to make an impact by making things happen.
What we offer you
You will work from our Gibraltar office and we offer you 6 weeks of annual leave, private top-tier health insurance, and a wellness allowance all together with a creative workplace where collaboration is at the very heart of everything we do. We promote you to continuously challenge yourself, creating an environment where contribution and growth are disciplined in everything we do. You will play an important part in the team and work closely with other experts in your surroundings.
Does the role of part-time MLRO and Compliance Specialist sound interesting? The selection is ongoing so do not hesitate to apply today! In this recruitment process, great emphasis will be placed on personal characteristics. We look forward to hearing from you.