Engineering · Stockholm
At QuickBit we are strong believers in cryptocurrencies and the blockchain technology. Our mission is to build innovative products for individuals and merchants, enabling the use of crypto like any other fiat currency.
We are a creative and passionate team of developers and business people, with a shared mission of putting the user experience first and foremost. With innovation in mind, we are challenging the crypto world to build more easy-to-use products that make sense in the life of users.
QuickBit makes crypto enjoyable and simple, so that anyone can have their first set of crypto wallets or top up existing ones. We support cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin. We continuously aim to improve current and future solutions for both individuals and merchants. Including them in an integral part of our vision, where products ultimately enables accepting crypto as a mean of payments at the check-out. Giving our products a true end-to-end experience.
We offer you
You will work in our head quarter office in central Stockholm. QuickBit is a creative workplace where collaboration is at the very heart of everything we do. We promote you to continuously challenge yourself, creating an environment where contribution and growth is disciplined in everything we do. You will be an important part of the team and work closely with other experts in your surroundings. You will learn a lot about crypto and the blockchain technology.
What you will do
You will be part in building an app from the ground up, everything from connecting the app to the API, to animations and user experience. You'll work closely with other developers and designers to build an experience that carries through our brand, tone of voice and conveys our message in a modern web.
Who you are
You are passionate about the Android and mobile future, and wish to build an app that has a well thought trough architecture and design. You are not afraid of trying out new libraries, frameworks and tools to find the best solutions for our challenges. You like working together in a team and with other developers on the Android app to bring features to the hands of our users.
You should have
- Experience building and maintaining an Android app, preferably published on the Google Play Store.
- Experience of working with git.
- Passionate about building a great user experience.
- Experience working with Java.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Knowledge in common mobile application architecture patterns (MVP, MVVM, Redux).
- Experience writing tests, working with TDD.
You might also have
- Tried out or built applications with Kotlin.
- Worked with a CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience working with RxJava.
- Tried out Kotlin Coroutines.
- Experience building a high availability and resilient app, for example in the finance/payment industry.