Engineering · Stockholm
At Quickbit we are strong believers in cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. Our mission is to build innovative products for individuals and merchants, enabling the use of crypto like any other fiat currency. We are a creative and passionate team of developers and business people, with a shared mission of putting the user experience first and foremost. With innovation in mind, we are challenging the crypto world to build more easy-to-use products that make sense in the life of users. Quickbit makes crypto enjoyable and simple, so that anyone can have their first set of crypto wallets or top up existing ones. We support cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin. We continuously aim to improve current and future solutions for both individuals and merchants. Including them is an integral part of our vision, where products ultimately enable accepting crypto as a means of payments at the check-out. Giving our products a true end-to-end experience.
What you will do
Along with your team you will build and maintain the backend and APIs for Quickbit. Your work will be the engine that powers the rest of the Quickbit ecosystem and makes sure our backend stays fast and rock solid.
Who you are
You are passionate about solving software problems, building well-engineered backend systems and you care about security. And uptime. You like clean code. But you also like working with other people; you teach others new things and love to learn from your colleagues. You like to take responsibility for getting things done. All the way, all the time. You hate when code doesn’t ship.
You should have
- Experience of at least two of python, ruby, nodejs, java, go or another programming language you think could fit in this mix.
- You know or are interested in learning about TDD, BDD and outside in design and similar.
- Experience of working in an agile team
- A will to learn new things
You might also have
- An interest in functional programming
- Knowledge of containers and micro services architecture.
- Knowledge of lean software development.
- Experience working in a cloud environment, such as Azure, AWS or GCP
- General security awareness and a basic understanding of how to prevent common security flaws (Injections, CSRF, DoS Attacks, Parameter Tampering, Man-In-The-Middle Attacks)
- Knowledge about cryptocurrencies or blockchain
We offer you
Quickbit is a creative workplace where collaboration is at the very heart of everything we do. We promote you to continuously challenge yourself, creating an environment where contribution and growth is disciplined in everything we do. You will be an important part of the team and work closely with other experts in your surroundings. You will learn a lot about crypto and blockchain technology.